Thursday, October 27, 2011

Krueger Family Portraits - Rocklin, CA

Back at the tail end of September, I recieved a call from an area code I was unfamiliar with. Hesitant, as usual, I answered the phone to be completely surprised. Kim was calling me with the search for a photographer to do a set of family photos for them the upcoming weekend for her parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Their original photographer had cancelled, and somehow she came across my name. Not just any typical family photo session, but a group of 16 ranging from the "orginals" all the way to the great grandkids. Needless to say, I was VERY excited. The following Sunday I loaded up stools and a few chairs from my kitchen and headed out to a local park in Rocklin to meet up with Kim and her crew. Everything ran so smoothly, the day wasn't overwhelmingly hot, and their outfit color range worked so well! We also took the time to do a few family photos for the smaller family groups. These little ones were SO easy to work with. No tears, no sad faces, nothing!This group photo would be the reason why I informed all of Facebook that they should have a 20x24 minimum of their family on their wall! It arrived in the mail and I instantly fell in love with the size of it. It was more than just a photo. At that point, it felt like a piece of wall art.
Looking to have your extended family photo done for the holidays? Send me an email or give me a call! I absolutely love working with large groups! They're totally up there neck & neck with my love for wedding photography :)

No comments:

Post a Comment